Friday, July 29, 2011

Happy Pioneer Day

Thank you all so much for your emails, letters, and packages. I loved all of them more than you know.

Well a wonderful week, once again. Just to make sure I remember the most important things, here's a little outline:

1. I love my family and am so grateful for them.
2. "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul"
3. Pie Jesu
4. Temple
5. Fire Alarm

Ima start with 5. Okay....so sleeping well and soundly isn't too hard for me. Until last night when someone pulled the fire alarm and 100 groggy sister missionaries stumbled their way outside....except for the six sisters headed to Thailand whose alarm slash flashy light was not functioning. Thankfully, there wasn't really a fire. Otherwise you might not be getting an email today:). Hahaha

1. Okay. So this week was Pioneer Day and so we heard a few talks and songs that were pioneer themed. Oh man I love music so much. Many of the songs reminded me of how much I love my family and music and family music. Like "Come, Come Ye Saints" by MoTab is soooo powerful. It's soooo humbling to know that people are praying for me. I don't deserve all those prayers. But I can feel them. Thank you so much for all your prayers and support.

There's a sister in my room, Sister King, whose brother is in the MTC right now and she can't hug him. Ohhh that would kill me. So I decided I'm so grateful that none of my family is in the MTC right now:).

Also, in a leadership meeting on Sunday, a member of the Branch Presidency said that the greatest motivator in life isn't guilt or hard feelings. It's love. That is soo true.

I also heard this week that people can't see what's on your heart. So I just want to make it clear for the world, in case you can't read my heart, that I love my family more than anything, besides the Savior. I want so much to live as an eternal family and I am so grateful that we can. We can!! I love each and every one of you and I pray for you every day.

2. So I didn't expect to be able to sing here, because they need more pianists and everyone sings, and that always happens to me...I end up being the accompanist. Which is fine most of the time, except sometimes I like singing, too. So anyway, on Saturday night, they asked us to put together a musical number. It worked out and I sang "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul." It's a solo song but I made up a harmony line and sang it with Sister King who has a Soprano voice and it was great. I love that song so much and what it is about. Look up the lyrics of you don't know it:).

3. Jordan. I will give you 10 million bahts (sp?) when I get back if you arrange "Pie Jesu" for a piano, vocalist, violin, and harpist.....See where I'm goin?:)

4. The temple finally opened today so we went this morning. Oh my goodness. It was such a beautiful experience. I am so grateful for the temple and the way I feel so close to Heavenly Father and the Savior when I go inside. I learned a few things that I'd never thought about before. I was praying about a few specific things, and I realized that the answer to all my questions or concerns was the same thing: the Atonement. As a healing power, as an enabling power and as a purifying power. My purpose as a missionary is to invite others to Christ and share with them the only way to find the maximum amount of peace in this life...through coming unto the Savior. I love Him so much.

I love you all more than I ever ever have.
Keep smiling. There are so many reasons to smil

No comments:

Post a Comment