Monday, November 19, 2012

I am thankful for my family.
Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget to make a list of all the wonderful beautiful blessings of love we get every day. Make the choice to be grateful and give all the credit to Heavenly Father. 

I am thankful for this scripture: "Blessed be the name of our God; let us sing to his praise, yea, let us give thanks to his holy name, for he doth work righteousness forever." (Alma 26:8)

I am thankful for MISSION TOUR last week. President and Sister Senior and Elder Watson of the 70 came. Amazing. And it was on my favorite subject on the planet.....universe, really....can you guess?....ready????...... The Book of Mormon:):):):) So of course I was obsessed.

I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and the tool that it is to change lives. And to change hearts. And to give courage. And to give understanding for the purpose of this life. And to give strength to keep commandments and be obedient and good people and Christlike. And to use the Atonement. And to prove that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that this Church is restored and is the only true church on the earth. All in 570 something pages. Every single page of which I love. 

And am thankful for:

I am thankful that this investigator old man Ubajid has had so many deep doctrinal questions for the last two months and we would answer them and he wouldn't seem satisfied and so he'd read about the gospel principles on good Church resources but still be confused. Why? Because he wasn't reading the Book of Mormon, which we finally realized must be the reason he wasn't progressing. So we committed him to put down all the little pamphlets about the Restoration, Plan of Salvation, Gospel, various commandments, etc, and start WITH THE FOUNDATION!!! So simple. And so clear. And he did:). And now he is happy. And progressing. And his testimony is clearly growing and his pryers are sincere and he learns with his heart now instead of his smart old brain.

I am grateful for candy corn. Can you please save me two bags? Please please please for real.

I am thankful that there are two American families in Chiang Mai that are feeding us on Thursday:).

I am grateful for temple marriage and that all my siblings have done that....or are just about to.

I am thankful that Jamie and Shan and Beth and Mom can all sing and read music. Will you please sing "Olive Tree" at my homecoming? :) I can't wait to sit and listen to you four and your beautiful voices.

I am thankful that we got to take one hour and talk to people at a public park. We were so nervous before to "street contact." We felt bare and nervous before! Haha imagine that! I've been here for a year now and was still nervous!!! But the adversary was trying to dissuade us from going. It was a good fight, but he lost. Poor guy. We jumped right in there and stopped people on  their runs or on their dates lol or whatever. Sooooo OOOOO FUN so fresh so real so refreshing. such PURE missionary work. Just me and the tag and the Book of Mormon. We found four people who wanted a Book of Mormon and to learn more about the restored gospel. And we felt the Spirit so strong all 60 minutes. 

I'm thankful I get to wear this little black tag.

I'm thankful I came on a mission. I'm thankful I’m still on a mission.

I"m thankful that Brother Bank, a recent convert, sang "Called to Serve" in his falsetto....because he was trying to match the voices of us, three women. It was hilarious. I couldn't take it.. It reminded me of my second transfer when Sister Itow and I would make it through like two lines of a hymn (before teaching a lesson to an investigator) and just bust up laughing for no known reason.

I am thankful for the chance to email today. And that I have such an incredible support system. I love you all so very very much.

Love,

Sister Roper

No comments:

Post a Comment