Tuesday, February 14, 2012

:

Or else everyone in the Sacrament Meeting congregation will start singing the chorus the second time through while meanwhile you are up at the beginning of verse two....and when you finally realize it you just have to keep going farther into verse two...so they all finally catch up to you....and then at the end of verse two you're not sure if you should fix your mistake and actually play the chorus twice this time, or should just do it the same way as last time, as in make the mistake over again (the mistake of playing the chorus just one time) because that's what they are expecting you to do because that's how you played the first verse....because all of this confusion and thinking will most likely end up in everyone looking at you in wonderment and there being a pause at the end of the first runthrough of the second verse's chorus....because of uncertainty...and then okay just back up to verse three....and then at the end of verse three, since it's graciously the last verse, you MUST play the chorus twice anyway....and finally...the song....is over. And so is your reputation as Sacrament Meeting pianist....hahahaha. Not that this happened to me or anything.....:)

Shout-outs:
JAMIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE LYNN ROPER JENSENNN!!!! Happy Birthday!!!! Everyone please make it the best birthday ever. Emails. Phone calls. Texts. NOT half-off valentine's day flowers. Visits to the home. Of course delicious cake:). I love you and hope the 15th treats you very very well:).
Shan: I love you! Wish Jamie a Happy Birthday for me:) For real.
Josh: Wish Jamie a Happy Birthday for me:)
Jen: I love you! Tell Jamie I said Happy Birthday.
Jamie: Put this on the blog so everyone knows it's your birthday.
Chris, Kayden, Trace, Brooks: Wish Mom and Wife a Happy Birthday for me!!!
Landon: Text Jamie Happy Birthday 7 times:)
Jess: HI hi!!! Text Jamie and tell her Bre loves her and Happy Birthday:)
Jordan and Haylie girl: Tell Jamie I said Happy Birthday. Call her and tell her to not answer the next time. ANd then call back and leave a message and sing her Happy BIrthday.
Beth darling: Tell Jamie I said Happy Birthday;)
Natalie or someone remotely related to Natalie wonderful Savage: WHERE.ARE.YOU.GOING.ON.YOUR.MISSION.I'M.DYING.TO.KNOW.
Whitney Houston: Peace out. I will always love you.
Aimee: I'm sorry about your brother-in-law:(. I'm soooo glad to hear about that blessing, though. Your service and attitude and testimony ARE helping your family, I know it:)
Seanny boy: I didn't know your body even made the chemicals for jealousy hahahahaha

This week a tuk tuk driver sang us Christian songs in Thai. She thought we'd like it because we are Christian too. We did like it:). It was funny...she was just singing her lungs out as we were driving down the road.

I'm really grateful because the members in our area are starting to like missionaries again. One little kid got up in church and talked about how he was grateful that we made him give a Book of Mormon to his friend and that we went with him and roleplayed before. His parents texted us a bunch to thank us:). A few called said that the ward feels like we are "action MAAG!" Maag means a lot or much. Haha isn't that cute? I love it. The bishop smiles at us and people like helping and are more apt to us helping. It's wonderful because missionaries have had a hard time connecting to this particular ward for some reason. All you gotta do, I'm learning, is pretend like they're already your best friend and that they love you a lot and just love them back. That is a lesson I learned from Mandy:) Thanks, cousin!

This week I learned (again and more) about how wonderful and true and powerful the Book of Mormon is. I am soooo grateful for this tool we have for missionary work. And life. And finding happiness in life. It truly is the best and only way. We are teaching a family, the mom's name is Gay and the dad's Nung and they said something this week that I've been waiting over seven months for an investigator to say: "It's so good. Every time we open it and read, we just don't want to put it down. I want to keep reading and learning more and more!" When we taught them about Joseph Smith and the first vision, we all got choked up. I received a strong confirmation of its truthfulness and so did they:). It was such a wonderful experience.

I love you all. Please read the Book of Mormon next time something good happens. And also next time something bad or frustrating or sad happens. I promise with 7898798787987% of my heart that it will help.

Looooove,

Sister Roper

Oh my! And Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment