Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy 4th of July!!

BaaaaaaaAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! So many things are happening on your side of the earth. Happiness and love and excitement! Please know that I love and miss you all!Another something funny....from Sister Wikanda (my companion, who is Thai) I'm learning a lot more about Thai culture, and some things are suprising. LIke this week she told me that I walk really loudly. What does that even mean? Haha we just started laughing because I didn't get it and she could tell I couldn't get it....I was like, "Shoot! Sorry! Why? What does walking loud even mean?" She's like, "When you walk down the stairs, you can hear your footsteps from outside. My mom would whack my ankles with a stick if I did it that loud." Hmm....so I've had a change of heart about the way I walk:). I still have sooo much to learn about sooo many things, including Thai culture:). Every day is such an adventure with a khon Thai companion. I LOVE it and never want a farang again (Sorry Lauren, too lazy to find the Thai letters).
But I never want to leave this country:).

Our new mission president came this weekend. LOVE him already. President Smith did SO much for Thailand, and now President Senior (the new one) I feel like, is going to do SO much for the mission and for the missionaries. He gave a wonderful fireside last night. He and his wife were called to be Presidents in NC first but two months later got a call from Salt Lake changing their call to Thailand. What purpose and divine guidance is in that one. Sooo cool. He bore his testimony in Thai last night, after being in the MTC for only eight days so of course we respect him huuuge for that one:). We all (about 60 missinonaries) had the chance to speak with him for a few minutes. This was our conversation:

President Senior: "Sister Roper! The pianist! Thank you so much for playing tonight.... Where are you from?"
Me: "New Mexico, have you heard of it?" (Everyone here thinks I'm from Mexico lol)
President Senior: "We're from AZ so yes. And...how long have you been here?"
Me, literally having to think about it lol: "MMMMmmmm a year in September."
President Senior: "And how do you feel about Thailand and your mission."

I'm writing this in my email for the next part, becuase I felt so happy when I said it and felt so grateful that I could mean every word and want you to know how I feel, in case anyone's wondering.

Me: "I love it. I love it so much. I'm happier than I have ever been and I don't want to leave."
And then he teared up:) and said I made him cry haha. Oops. But I meant it:).

Friends and family we are so imperfect and sooo unequal to the task before us. But when we try our hardest and do our best, Heavenly Father guides us and makes up for the difference. And then He makes us really happy along with it:). I'm SOOOO GRATEFUL TO BE A MISSIONARY:). I've never been so happy.

I love you all so very much,

Sister Roper

This is my new address: (the office moved):
1645/6 New Petchaburi Road,
 Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400

No comments:

Post a Comment